Friday, August 19, 2011

Bait-and-Switch

The months of July and August pulled a fast one on me…the old bait-and-switch. Our family made it through the month of July relatively unscathed this year.  Well, except for the Suburban.  July has historically been our "bad luck" month,  but the first of August hit me with several hard punches and hard they still are.  
 
I have been diagnosed with diverticulitis, and if any of you have ever had this, you know it is far from fun.  The restrictive diet, along with the antibiotics, in itself can be hard on a healthy body, and even more on one already weakened.  If that was not enough, the CT scan to diagnose the diverticulitis found a suspicious “spot” on my left ovary, right near the diverticulitis.  That of course, led to an ultrasound which confirmed a dermoid cyst, which is actually classified as a tumor (cystic teratoma).  They are congenital, meaning I have had it my whole life.  It most likely still is slow growing and benign.  Of course, it will still have to come out, but there is no rush.

 
Now I know some of you are wondering if this is related to my Levaquin reaction.  Well, the dermoid is definitely not, since it is congenital.   The jury is still out about the diverticulitis.  I do know it is often genetic, and it does run in my family.  I also have a long history of digestive problems since my pre-teen years.  However, after my adverse reaction, I feel everything about my digestion changed.  It was not the same at all.  Also, a previous colonoscopy pre-Levaquin showed nothing.  There was no evidence of diverticulosis, the precursor to diverticulitis.   So, I do feel I was more than likely “prone” to this based on my history and family history, but I also feel the changes caused by the Levaquin precipitated it.

 
For now I am on a very restrictive diet for the diverticulitis, and the antibiotics Bactrim and Flagyl.  I fought hard against the Flagyl, since it is also known to cause severe side effects, and is contraindicated for those with Peripheral Neuropathy.  However, I was not improving.  So after many tears, I said a prayer and swallowed the pill down.  So far, it has only mildly increased my PN symptoms.  This has shown me that I can survive antibiotics post Levaquin.  I am waiting to see my OB/GYN on how to proceed with the dermoid.  I do not see him until late September.  He more than likely would not be able to do anything about the growth anyway until I have healed from the diverticulitis, which usually takes 6-8 weeks.  

  
On that note, I would like to put out a small request; I hope You are listening up there.  Would September and October possibly be kind to me, because the July-August “bait-and switch” has just about done me in.  
 
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope things improve soon, Lori!
-Greg

Kimberly Thomas said...

Myles was a 20 year-old man who was brought to the emergency room by the campus police of the college from which he had been suspended several months ago. A professor had called and reported that Myles had walked into his classroom, accused him of taking his tuition money and refused to leave. I was as shocked as a father, Although Myles had much academic success as a teenager, his behavior had become increasingly odd during the past year. He quit seeing his friends and no longer seemed to care about his appearance or social pursuits. He began wearing the same clothes each day and seldom bathed. He lived with several family members but rarely spoke to any of them. When he did talk to them, he said he had found clues that his college was just a front for an organized crime operation. He had been suspended from college because of missing many classes. His sister said that she had often seen him mumbling quietly to himself and at times he seemed to be talking to people who were not there. He would emerge from his room and ask his family to be quiet even when they were not making any noise.I could not stand the shame of my son illness so I decide to consult some of my africa friends at work , and then Tasha introduced me to Dr. Itua who uses her herbal medicines to cure her Hiv and Prostate Cancer after the herbal medicine consumption. I place an order for my son and he hands it to my post office, then I pick it up and use it for three weeks. My son 's treatment was done and he is now doing good and behaving normally like a human being is supposed to. is completely healed. I tell you honestly that this man is a great man, I trust him Herbal medicine so much that I share this to show my gratitude and also to let sick people know that there is hope with Dr. Itua. Herbal Center.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp+2348149277967. He cures, Herpes, Prostate, Breast Cancer, Brain Cancer, CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT, Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases Hepatitis,Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia, Tach Disease, Shingles, Lung Cancer, Leukemia Lymphoma, Lung Cancer, Mesothelioma Asbestos, Ovarian Cervical Uterine Cancer, Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5. HIV,Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity, Cervical Cancer, Colo-rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, SYPHILIS, Diabetes, Liver / Inflammatory kidney, Epilepsy.

Unknown said...

Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer,Leukemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain CANCER,Blood Cancer,Prostate CancerDiabetes, Men/Woman Infertility
Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Lottery Spell,Copd,Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, EpilepsyHpv,Weak Erection,Wart RemoverCold Sore,  Coeliac disease,Alzheimer's diseaseArthritis,Asthma,Allergic  Asthma. Here His Contact E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277967.